About the Diploma of Leadership & Management (BSB51915)
Ready to build on your experience and expertise to advance into a leadership role? Our Diploma of Leadership and Management is a contextualised version of the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership & Management course that will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to step up and assume the responsibility of a management or leadership role in the health, aged or community care sectors. You will learn to develop a project plan, manage budgets and seek opportunities for further business improvement for your health, aged or community care organisation.
You will gain knowledge on how to liaise with stakeholders and ensure team effectiveness. This Diploma also addresses the multiple challenges faced by care managers in today’s rapidly changing aged care, community services and healthcare environments and provides solutions and strategies that work under various healthcare business conditions.
We are Australia’s only college to offer a specific version of the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management course that is fully contextualised to the health, aged and community care sectors including home care.
If you are currently employed or engaged in other commitments, our flexible delivery offers no barrier to study. This course is fully flexible with no assessment due dates or classes to attend. Structure your learning around your current work life commitments and take the next step in your healthcare leadership & management career.
Why study this course with ACCLM?
- Australia’s only Diploma of Leadership and Management course that is fully contextualised to the health, aged and community care sectors.
- Flexible delivery that offers no barrier to study.
- Written by an industry expert with assessments that are real and relevant to the work place.
- Open up doors to better paying positions in Australia’s booming healthcare industry.
- Have the edge on other delegates applying for management positions in healthcare.
What will I learn?
This course includes 12 units of competency delivered as 5 modules of training. Modules cover the following broad topics:
- Building Teams
- Maintain a Safe Workplace
- Communication Skills for Effective Work Environments
- Manage People
- Business Management
International intake dates
1-Apr-19, 29-Apr-19, 20-May-19, 10-Jun-19, 8-Jul-19, 29-Jul-19, 2-Sep-19, 30-Sep-19, 11-Nov-19, 2-Dec-19
Units of Competency
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use Emotional Intelligence
- BSBLDR502 Lead and Manage Effective Workplace Relationships
- BSBWOR501 Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development
- BSBRSK501 Manage Risk
- BSBWOR502 Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate Continues Improvement
- BSBHRM513 Manage Workforce Planning
- BSBCUS501 Manage Quality Customer Service
- BSBMGT502 Manage People Performance
- BSBHRM512 Develop and Manage Performance Management Process
- BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan
- BSBFIM501 Manage Budgets and Financial Plans
Diploma of Leadership and Management graduates are able to advance their career into:
- Health Care Middle Management
- Care Services Manager/ Clinical Team Leader
- Executive Healthcare Positions
- Senior Care Coordinator Positions
- Business Owner ( Health Services)
- Client Services Manager
- Hostel Manager
- Practice Manager
- Community Day Care Centre (CDC Services)
- Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management (Human Resources)
- Advanced Diploma of Business
ACCLM Course Delivery Options
Face to Face
This mode is currently available in our Brisbane CBD campus. There are generally four course enrolment dates per year, depending on numbers. Structure your learning around your current work life commitments.
Live workshops can help some students to consolidate their knowledge and skills in conjunction with fellow students. However there is no mandatory workshop requirement for this course.
Students have the option of attending a one-day workshop during the second half of the course at an additional cost.
Workshops are held in Brisbane. Students will be provided with information about available workshops during their training.
International Prices (AUD)
Tuition Fee: $12,000
Material Fee: $200
Enrolment Fee: $300
*Note: Please contact us to learn more about available scholarships.
Contact us for additional information: 07 3210 7488 / firstname.lastname@example.org