About the Diploma of Counselling
This nationally recognised qualification provides the skills and knowledge you will need to work as a Counsellor, particularly within the aged and community or home care sectors.
You will develop the skills to counsel clients, their family, and your staff through grief and loss, major life changes and also counsel staff within the performance management processes.
Students are required to attend online virtual workshops offered throughout the course, which provides you with the opportunity to put your skills into practice and be formally facilitated and mentored by our college experts.
Domestic intake dates
2 July 2018
6 September 2019
6 August 2018
11 October 2019
3 September 2018
8 November 2019
1 October 2018
6 December 2019
5 November 2018
10 January 2020
3 December 2018
7 February 2020
What will I learn?
This course includes 17 units of competency, delivered as 6 modules of training covering
the following topics:
- Counselling Foundations (Modules 1 and 2)
- Counselling Theory and Therapy
- Client Centered Care
- Ethical and Reflective Practice
- Elective Units
Core Units of Competency covered in the course:
- CHCCSL001 Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL002 Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- CHCCSL003 Facilitate the counselling relationship and process
- CHCCSL004 Research and apply personality and development theories
- CHCCSL005 Apply learning theories in counselling
- CHCCSL006 Select and use counselling therapies
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCCSL007 Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Elective units selected for this course:
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
Diploma of Counselling graduates are able to advance their career into:
- Case Manager
- Social Worker
- Care Coordinator
- Bachelor of Counselling
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science
ACCLM Course Delivery Options
Online Course Delivery
The course is delivered completely online with no classroom attendance required. A sound level of computer literacy is essential for students. Online delivery provides you with maximum flexibility, allowing you to study anywhere and anytime.
As all training materials and assessments are delivered online, you must have access to a good computer with internet access. You have online access to your facilitator and other support.
This mode has monthly commencement dates and is available nationally.
Virtual workshops will be held throughout the course to provide practical application of your skills and knowledge.
Students will be provided with information about available workshops during their training.
Complimentary Live Sessions
ACCLM Courses include complimentary fortnightly live sessions over Zoom (video chat software similar to Skype) for all students where students interact with their trainer and peers, have their questions answered, and receive additional support with their studies. Participation in these sessions is not mandatory.
Sessions are conducted by Deborah S., an expert with 28 years of experience in working and teaching in the Counselling, Community Services sector and Management.
Join us fortnightly for a good chat about what is important for you.
All you need is a computer/laptop with a microphone and a web camera (recommended). Detailed instructions and link to join these sessions are sent to all students closer to the date. Become a part of ACCLM Community and enrich your online learning experience by joining our live sessions!
Domestic Prices (AUD)
Tuition Fee: $3,950 (Special price,
old price $7,500)
- Weekly: $38 x 104 weeks
- Fortnightly: $76 x 52 installments
- Monthly: $165 x 24 months
If you choose a payment plan option & complete the course before the maximum time stipulation of 2 years, you will have to pay the remaining before collection of your certificate.
Contact us to sign up now: 07 3210 7414 / 07 3210 7474 / firstname.lastname@example.org